To help us with our ambitious growth, we are seeking an Operations Manager to join our highly skilled team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven management experience in growing an agency, increase sales, the ability to streamline and implement new structures and support rapidly shifting business demands. Your organisational, communication and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. You’ll work closely with the sales and marketing team to develop and implement the new business strategy, sales targets and develop long-term business plans that promote new levels of productivity and success at A+C Studios.
We’re a young, fast-growing, an ambitious creative studio specialising in stop-motion and 2D animation. We write stories, make puppets and bring characters to life, frame by frame, all-under-one-roof and have done for over 10 years. We pride ourselves in high-end premium animation for some of the world’s leading brands from brief through to delivery all from our Margate based studio.
This is a full-time position based in our seaside studio in Margate, Kent. We have a studio dog called Archie the Bulldog, who is also here full time, so being comfortable around dogs is essential.
Objectives of this Role
- Manage the overall operational running of the studio to ensure maximum production output.
- Lead, motivate and support studio staff into the next phase of growth for the business.
- Analyse current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary.
- Work with Sales and Marketing team in the development of financial and budgetary plans.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop our mid to long term business strategy and financial plans, setting goals to promote the company’s growth.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team to develop effective strategies and pipelines.
- Ensuring the business operates within the company’s mission statement.
- Manage and implement future HR processes and procedures.
- Implement and manage the business strategy.
- Ensuring financial and business targets are met and/or exceeded.
- Support Marketing Manager and Head of Sales in implementing the sales/marketing strategy.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Manage overall studio account’s workload and workflow through the studio.
- Manage studio budget set by the company Director.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Working with the management team to get the best performance from staff, keeping employees motivated and implement performance reviews and relevant training.
- Implement HR policies to lead a team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Making sure health and safety practices are in place and followed.
- Manage recruitment to the studio when required.
- Developing and executing a new business strategy to support the growth of the studio.
- Identifying new business opportunities – including new markets, territories, trends, clients, products and services.
- Forecast and hit/exceed new business targets.
- Building and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Investigating client satisfaction, reporting any issues and developing change strategies where needed.
- Negotiate and implement trading agreements and partnership deals with agencies and direct clients.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 5+ year’s senior leadership role in the appropriate field.
- Proven ability to plan and manage the operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands.
- Masterful organisational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success.
- Proven ability to plan and implement successful new business strategies.
- Strong working knowledge of the advertising industry is preferable.
- Experience with budget and business plan development.
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings.
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics.
About A+C Studios
A+C Studios is an animation studio specialising in stop-motion and 2D animation. We are a team of ambitious animators, storytellers, technicians and model-makers. We combine hand-crafted, traditional animation techniques with the latest digital technologies and software to create award-winning animated content. We have our own studio space in a beautiful Victorian building, The Old Laundry, in Margate. We produce scripts, storyboards, sets and puppets, animation and visual effects to take an idea from script to screen. To date, A+C has produced animated content for clients including LEGO, American Express, British Airways, Sainsbury’s, trivago and Oreo to name a few. Our work has been broadcast on TV, cinema and online. These projects have been completed through a combination of working directly with brands and through international advertising agencies.
Find out more at www.aplusc.tv
We are looking for the successful candidate to start in beginning Dec 2019.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter to [email protected] Any relevant project examples can also be sent.
Role: Operations Manager
Location: Margate, Kent CT9 1LU
Application deadline: 5 pm Friday 11th October 2019
Salary: TBC Dependent on experience
Contact: Telephone 01843 446543 or Email [email protected]