We're on the lookout for an experienced full-time Stop-Motion Animator (three years industry experience minimum) who can bring their creativity and keen attention to detail to join our expanding team here at A+C Studios. We want someone with a can-do attitude and a passion for story-telling who can take direction and run with it. We’re a small team, certainly not a feature crew, and we work on commercials and other short-form content. Any additional creative skills would definitely be an advantage for our studio.
Every day is different, we work with clients of all sizes, claymation, paper-craft, LEGO and armature puppets. Ultimately, we need someone who is up for the challenge of working in a commercial animation studio. The right applicant will be used to a fast-paced, sometimes high-pressure working environment.
The job will be based in our studio, a stunning Victorian building, so isn’t a remote position. We're based by the seaside in Margate, Kent with three studios and up to six stages. We're a passionate and innovative team, which includes our studio dog Archie.
So... please get in touch if you are interested or have any questions, unless you don't like dogs... that's a deal-breaker.
- Create high quality and compelling stop-motion animation using puppets and other assets.
- Collaborate with and take direction from directors and animation leads in an open and professional manner.
- Be able to work as part of a broader team on an episodic production to meet deadlines and specifications in accordance with the production schedule and needs of the client.
- Work in a close, collaborative manner with the director, model team and post/visual effects team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Demonstrate strong animation skills with good timing and strong character work.
- Experience using Dragonframe is required.
- Three years minimum experience in stop-motion animation (series, film or commercial)
- To have animated with products, paper-craft, claymation and character/puppets or LEGO before is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of basic rigging for stop-motion animation and setting up DSLR camera set-ups for stop-motion are an advantage.
Experience: Our ideal candidate has a variety of stop-motion techniques on their reel, three years of relevant professional experience outside education, two referees from relevant experiences; please include their email and telephone contact details.
Please send CVs and reels of your work to [email protected]
Any questions about the position can also be addressed to the same email address or by telephone on 01843 446543.
We are looking for a successful candidate to start in February.
*Please note this role is not remote working and will be based in the Margate studio Monday to Friday.
Role: Stop-Motion Animator
Location: Margate, Kent CT9 1LU
Application deadline: 1pm, Friday 29th January 2021
Contact: Telephone 01843 446543 or Email [email protected]
About A+C Studios
A+C Studios is an animation studio specialising in stop-motion animation. We are a team of ambitious animators, storytellers, technicians and model-makers. We combine hand-crafted, traditional animation techniques with the latest digital technologies and software to create award-winning animated content. We have our own studio space in a beautiful Victorian building, The Old Laundry, in Margate. We produce scripts, storyboards, sets and puppets, animation and visual effects to take an idea from script to screen. To date, A+C have produced animated content for clients including LEGO, American Express, Sainsbury’s, Trivago and Oreo. Our work has been broadcast on TV, cinema and online. These projects have been completed through a combination of working directly with brands and through international advertising agencies.