We're looking for a smart and organised Commercial Producer, with at least 3 years Producing experience in the advertising industry. We’re looking for someone who can plan and manage our productions. Who is comfortable working for a smaller production studio down by the sea but also with a high drive and ambition for high-quality productions. We’re looking for someone who is an expert at scheduling, budget management, and assembling crew. Ideal candidates would have experience in producing commercial advertisements for TV and Social channels.
This is an exciting position, within a fast-paced studio environment, for anyone with a love of creative project management. The Commercial Producer is the key link between our creatives and our clients and is the driving force ensuring the successful delivery of animation projects on budget and on time.
The clients we work with are global and working hours can be incredibly varied, so flexibility and a passion for the business are essential.
A+C Studios is looking for a passionate person to join the production team in the role of Commercial Producer. We're based by the seaside in Margate and have over 13 years’ experience producing animation. We write stories, make puppets, and bring characters to life, frame by frame, all under one roof. We're a tight team, including a studio dog, based in a stunning Victorian building.
So... please get in touch if you have any questions, we're happy to speak to anyone unless you don't like dogs... as that's a deal-breaker.
- Leading /supporting the Director during pitches and pre-production meetings.
- Manage incoming briefs/scripts and outgoing quote proposals including; discussing creative execution with the director, preparing budgets and schedules, and client/agency communications.
- Manage project contracts, negotiations, and any change requests; ensuring all work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Recruitment and management of freelance creative crew working on a project by project basis.
- Manage the ordering and allocation of all materials, resources, and creative work stations
- Ensure project requirements are fully communicated to all creative staff and are adhered to during production.
- Ensure the general smooth running of the studio including administration, supporting the sales and marketing team, internal staff holidays, etc.
- Contribute to creative and problem-solving discussions
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in animation, creative production and advertising – previous experience in all advertising is a strong advantage for this role.
- You will be a highly organised person with good communication skills, who enjoys problem-solving.
- An understanding of the creative process is essential (but specific creative skills are not required); enabling you to discuss creative problems and solutions with both clients/agencies and creative staff.
- You will be confident in pitching ideas and negotiating budgets and deadlines based on experience in the industry.
- Advertising is a fast-paced industry, so an ability to work under pressure and react quickly to client and team requests is important. To achieve this you will need to be a team player that can learn and adapt quickly, and is willing to muck-in when required.
- The role will require the candidate to work from A+C’s Margate production studio, although expected to attend meetings in London.
We are looking for a successful candidate to start in the middle of February to early March.
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covering letter. Any relevant portfolio/project examples can also be sent.
Application closing date is 5pm Friday 25th June 2021, however, we will be assessing and contacting successful candidates on a rolling basis, as and when applications are received. So may close applications early if a candidate is identified sooner.
A telephone/Zoom interview will take place, before an in-person interview at our Margate studio in Kent.
In-person interviews will take place the w/c 19th July if a candidate is not found before the closing date.
*Please note this role is not a remote working role and will be based in the Margate studio Monday to Friday.
Role: Commercial Producer
Location: Margate, Kent CT9 1LU
Application deadline: 5pm Friday 25th June 2021
Salary: £28-30,000 DoE
Contact: Telephone 01843 446543 or Email [email protected]
About A+C Studios
A+C Studios is an animation production company with over thirteen years of advertising and filmmaking experience. A team of animators, storytellers, technicians, and makers: A+C combines handcrafted traditional animation techniques with the latest digital technology to create unique visual content.
Working with brands such as British Airways, LEGO, trivago, Harrods, Oreo, Waitrose, and the Happy Egg Co. along with a host of advertising agencies, A+C’s captivating work has been featured across the globe.
All our crew is based in-house under one roof in a 5,000 sq ft production space which is fully equipped with two animation stages, a model workshop, digital lab, post-production suite, and office space.
Find out more at www.aplusc.tv