- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘A+C’ it refers to A+C Studios, a limited company registered in England Number 07199458.
- When you get in touch with us, we gather information about you, be it over the phone, in email exchanges or on our website. The specifics are outlined below. If anything is unclear, or you would like further explanation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
How we gather information
- We collect information through many different avenues. To simplify this, we have broken it into the channels of enquiry and communication with us.
- Phone: Upon calling us to make an enquiry, we will ask you for some basic information. The most common types of information we collect include, first name, last name, telephone number, email address, job title and company. We will enter the provided contact details into our client database. This enables us to formulate a response and advise you on our services or job opportunities.
- Email: Upon receipt of an email enquiry, we will enter the provided contact details (email address, first name, last name, telephone number, company) into our client database. This is so we can formulate a response and advise you on our services or job opportunities.
- Website: So we can continuously improve the user experience on our website, we use data analytics tools. These track the pages visited, actions taken (clicks and page views), devices used (mobile, tablet or desktop) and source of the visit (Google search, advert etc). Your identity is not recorded at this stage, beyond the town in which you are located. Only upon entering information into the website we may be able to match the user to a recorded website visit.
- Third Parties: We purchase and source new corporate contacts (name, role, company, email address) through third parties for email marketing purposes. Where there is a legitimate interest for video services, as a lawful basis to send marketing information, we will contact corporate employees. However, in accordance with compliance legislation, we will ensure a) there is an option to unsubscribe or ‘opt-out’ from receiving future communications, b) the recipient must be able to purchase our services in a professional capacity, c) we identify ourselves as the sender and provide contact details.
How we use information gathered
- The two principal uses of your information can be divided into, Operational requirements and Marketing. At this point we would like to make it clear that at no point would we ever sell your personal information or pass it to a third party for the purposes of advertising. Our customer database is one of our most valuable assets, which we therefore protect with extreme care.
- Operational requirements
To fulfil a contract or take steps linked to a contract, we gather the information outlined in this policy. This information will be used to communicate with you and facilitate the agreed service deliverables. For job seekers, freelancers or internship applicants, we gather the information outlined to process your application or keep you updated on future roles.
Where we have consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are happy to receive information or offers from us) we send you marketing communications by email about services, news and products that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the ‘unsubscribe’ facility, within the communication itself.
Where we store information
- We store information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copies that are kept in a secure location in the UK.
Some of our services, notably emails and data storage, are provided by external suppliers. These may process and store personal information on their servers in many countries around the world. They may process and store your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live. We do however select the most trustworthy names with which to work who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance (Google, Microsoft, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp).
Who we share information with
- We must share your information with certain parties so as to ensure we can provide the best possible service. We only share your information when and where necessary.
We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- Our Staff : Your details may be accessed by an employee of our company in order fulfil operation requirements, provide marketing information or update your details.
- Service Providers : In order for us to get a better understanding of how you use our website and services we use third party companies. This ranges from our IT/hosting provider, analytics companies and E-Newsletters.
- Our professional advisers: Accountants, financial advisers located in the UK
- Other recipients: Where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
- Our website may contain hyperlinks that allow you to visit other sites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, please note that we don’t have any control over that other website. We cannot therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Cookies and analytics
- A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once agreed, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual and tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to better tailor it to client needs . We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
How you contact us